Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We <3 Hello Kitty!

Hello Kitty is pretty much the best fictional character ever made; not to mention, she was created in 日本!So, for those of you who are not familiar with her, let me introduce her to you. Her name is Hello Kitty ハローキチイand we love her!




Just thought I would post some fun facts about my favorite, the famous (and in some cases infamous) Hello Kitty. 


According to Wiki: 
*In 1974, Sanrio Co. Ltd. of Tokyo introduced Hello Kitty ハローキチイ - full name, キチイホワイト, or Kitty White. 
*The first Hello Kitty item sold was a vinyl coin purse in Tokyo. 
*In 1976, the franchise was introduced into the U.S. 
*Today, The Hello Kitty line grosses over $1 billion dollars a year in sales.   

... and that's why she's better than the rest. 

1 comment:

Athena said...

こんにちわ。
とてもおもしろいでう。

When I was little, I hated hello kitty, partially because I had three older brothers who made fun of me if I liked anything cute or childish, including Barney.
Plus, I didn't like the color pink.
But now I'm starting to like Hello Kitty more.
かわいいですから!

ありがとうございます。